The Promise by Pilipino By Heart

I am Japanese and I live here in the Philippines for almost 10 years. When I first arrived here in the Philippines, I was robbed by two Filipinos, they robbed my wallet and all the things that I have, they beat me to death, and they left me with clothes only. I called for help that time, but no one help me. I called a taxi to bring me to the nearest hospital, but the taxi driver forced me to give him 2 thousand pesos, but i wasn't able to give him the amount he wanted, then instead of bringing me to the hospital, he just left me in a very dark street. I was very disappointed to going here in the Philippines during that moment. But there is one beggar with a very dirty clothes and barefooted approached me and asked me what's wrong. I thought he will just rob me so I run. But i was wrong in my judgement to him. I run but he followed me, and offered me some help. He brought me to the hospital and he went to the police station to seek assistance. Unfortunately, I was not able to ask his name. After 2 days of recovery. Me, my two Japanese friend, and a Filipino guide, went to the beggar and offer him a reward. But I was surprised. He refused to get the money, and said "sorry" to me. I asked him why?He just said, "Sorry for what my fellow Filipinos did to you. My only wish to you is to tell your country that not all Filipinos are like them. Philippines is a home for many poor people like me, but Philippines has a good heart." After telling that, he leave us. I insist to offer him but again refuse. Then, I went back to Japan. One month later, I went to the place to see him again to offer him a reward, this time, a descent job. But I was shocked when I got the news that the beggar was dead 17 days ago. Hit by a bus in the road. 

I will never forget the good deeds the beggar done to me. I'm proud of him. 

I realized that Filipinos have really good heart. Not all are bad. And until my last breathe, I will fulfill his wish. The reward that he wants, to tell my country that Filipinos have good heart. And I will not just tell this to my country, but in the whole world. "Mabuhay" ang mga Filipinos.




http://ph.news.yahoo.com/filipinos-urged-observe-philippine-flag-day-may-28-035615124.html


  

Post a Comment

0 Comments